I’m pining for an excuse to wear a floor-length dress again… swing dancing affords me the chance to regularly pick and choose from the American 1920s-1950s, but I would love to spend a day dressed up at Downton Abbey*. I’d spend the afternoon browsing the library and strolling through the gardens before dining with the Crawleys and spending the evening chatting and worrying about who I was going to marry**.
**NETFLIX HURRY UP AND DELIVER SEASON 2 ALREADY. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.
**Can I have Matthew? Please?
- Me: *walks through the Mechanical Engineering department* *yawns*
- Professor: *speaks with sympathy* You look a bit strung out...
- Me: I am, but it's nothing of concern. Perhaps it's just that time of the afternoon.
- Professor: Perhaps you should try a cup of tea? That always seems to help me.
- Me: Perhaps I will! Good day.
…the birds are singing, and it’s spring break!
Apparently my body doesn’t know what to do when I get more than 5 hours of continuous sleep in a night - I’ve been stuck with a sore throat and a somewhat runny nose since classes let out.
But at least it’s oh-so-beautiful outside! :)